Thursday, May 17, 2007

commencing to post

Today is the first day of my first semester of MLIS studies. It's been 7 years since I graduated from college, and tomorrow is my 5th wedding anniversary. While these facts are attempting to conspire to make me feel old, I in fact feel rejuvinated by starting something this big and new. I'm halfway through the 1st required book, Thomas Kuhn's "The Structure of Scientific Revolutions," and I feel smarter already -- a good antidote to that sinking feeling I experience when considering the vast quantity of reading, absorbing, analyzing, discussing and pondering I will have to do over the next 2 years... But still -- hooray for grad school! Here's to new beginnings!

2 comments:

algraul said...

That's a very positive attitude you have- good for you!! I have yet to really get into Kuhn but will remind myself that I should feel smarter after reading (surviving) rather than overwhelmed by everything!!

Libography said...

thanks! yes, I'm definitely trying to stay on the positive side of things lest I sink into the Dark Side! actually, i love books/reading so it's not hard to feel positive while in the midst of actually reading something like Kuhn's book -- it's really all the administrative/online stuff that's daunting/overwhelming, I guess! :)